From yesterday evening to about three hours ago I DIDN’T HAVE INTERNET. Almost 24 hrs WITHOUT INTERNET, people!!!! Let me tell you, I’m way beyond addicted. Phew. Fortunately, it’s working again, so I can go back to being a sane person.
Now onto my first ever Blog Award.
How cool is that?!! It has come my way because Heidi from New Zealand found my blog by chance. There’s a challenge involved though:
#1 I have to say one nice thing about the man in my life…
Well there’s no man in my life at the moment, so the only one close to that would be Buck. As you already know, I could tell you many nice things about him, one of the nicest at the moment is that he provides stability and guidelines in my currently chaotic life. Sometimes the responsibility is a little overwhelming, but I know that it makes me grow and he is such a thankful and kind dog. I love you, cutie!
#2 I need to tell you six ways I measure success in my life…
♦ My dog – again! I am responsible for him and I try my best to protect him from the difficult situation we are in. I think I’m doing pretty good so far🙂
♦ My friends – those who are there for me, because they know I care for them as well.
♦ The relationship to my Mom – she’s basically my best friend (and soon we’ll go somewhere fancy – stay tuned!)
♦ My achievements at university – as mentioned in my last post, ever since I was 13 I wanted to become an interpreter and so far I’ve overcome all the obstacles, so I hope someday I’m actually getting there.
♦ Health – it’s certainly not the most important thing in life, but without it, everything is nothing.
♦ Accomplishing goals I’ve set myself – like finishing that Au Pair year or passing tests at uni.
Do I have to nominate someone now?
Well, okay, here goes:
* Marie-Pierre has a great style, her scrapbook pages (mostly about her daughter – very cute) are adorable! And she’s totally nice, too🙂 BTW Her writing is mostly in French.
* Second there’s Jenni, she’s a SU! Demo from western Germany and she posts lots of absolutely cute projects, go have a look!
* Next I nominate the Scrap-Impulse Blog run by Barbara and Ines, a very useful resource for scrapping and paper crafting in general, certainly one of the best German blogs for this kind of topic. (Without them I would’ve missed tonights QVC Show with Lisa Bearnson!!)
* Another German blog I visit regularly is Stempelgruft. That woman is so talented, you gotta check it out!
* And now last but not least: a new star is born in the world of movie blogs: filmabend.info from my friend Thorsten (and his friend Frankie). It’s in German, it’s updated very regularly (many posts since it launched so far) and the very first Podcast about recent movies was indeed enjoyable.
On a different note, I have earned several bruises in the last days. Thanks to the ice in front of the house I feel like I’m at least 80 when waking up in the mornings recently. The only thing that would make this even more perfect would be something like a creak when I actually try to move😀
Now onto the promised cards before I really have to go to bed (working tomorrow, wheee):
Here you see two stamps from my *brand spankin’ new* “Offbeat: Farmers Market” set – designed by Celeste Rockwood-Jones (what a great name!) as I found out today.
The uber-cute little radish was inked up in Real Red and Certainly Celery. The buttons are SEI (the top left one is a Real Red tone actually) and SU!, the circle was made with the fabulous Coluzzle and some distressing. And yes, that’s my horrible hand writing, oh well.
Other stuff used on this card: SU! ribbon, linen thread, VersaColor Bisque, PTI Dark Chocolate ink & CS, BasicGrey Chipboard Sticker, white Signo Pen.
I need to go to bed now, gotta work tomorrow! Nighty night!
P.S.: This is my second post in less than a week, I’m on fire! ;D
P.S.S.: No need to put your thinking caps on because of the title, I just love the song & the title. Hee.
ETA: March 25th to add the nominees.