Apparently there’s some kind of virus going around in the world of Facebook called “25 Random Things About Me” and even though I haven’t been tagged so far, Amber said we could consider ourselves tagged. So I started to think that, well I wouldn’t know what to write about myself (apart from the stuff you already know). But once the first fact popped into my head I started to write down more and more until I had 28, hee. The worst three were deleted so now you’re left with 25 that might be just as bad ;D So consider yourself warned, lenghty random post ahead!
1. I never broke any bone except for my nose when I was in the 4th grade.
2. I am really bad at caring for plants. I have trouble watering my little ivy plant regularly. Luckily I’m not a medicine student, cos you know the saying: Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died
3. I can’t stop buying cushions. (I know I’ve mentioned that before but I think it’s weird enough to be mentioned twice)
4. I love Craig Ferguson and would marry him on the spot. He wouldn’t want to though Going to his show and seeing him live is on my bucket list.
5. I used to have gerbils when I was younger but some of them died soon after I got them, so my brother used to call me “pet pathologist”.
6. I can be really grumpy when tired – no more humor competence and/or joke tolerance.
7. When I was 13 my family wanted to emigrate to New Zealand. Ever since I’ve been intrigued with these islands and their culture.
8. Thanks to lactose intolerance (which I developed recently) I can’t have IKEA Hot dogs. Damn it.
9. My first proper word was the name of my crèche teacher. I still remember her dark curly hair and the neon yellow cardigan she wore.
10. I love Phil Collins & Genesis (no, I’m not 46, I’m only 22) and I saw them in Stuttgart in 2006, the coolest concert I’ve ever been to.
11. I can’t catch. Or throw.
12. I have to be very cautious about worship, otherwise my flat will be looking like an Audrey Hepburn shrine in no time.
13. I had a car accident when I was 17 and have had back ache ever since. I just recently had another one – obviously I’m not lucky when it comes to white transporters.
14. I once dated a guy 13 years older than me.
15. I grew up in the former GDR, in a very beautiful city called Jena. And yes, we have electricity there.
16. When I had just started to speak I used to point to the wood panels we had on the kitchen wall and say “midap”. My parents were puzzled but finally my father found out that this was my word for “cat” when he discovered that the knotholes really looked like one.
17. I have pretty good salesmanship skills.
18. I have a major crush on Keith Murray from We Are Scientists. I still wish I would have waited at the back door after the concert… to get a photo or an autograph or his (room??) number Yeah I know, I’m bad.
19. Ever since I was 13 I wanted to become an interpreter. Apparently I will
20. I had glasses when I was in elementary school. Today I can see stuff that is really far away, I have 20/20 vision.
21. I almost always use quotes from songs as titles for my posts or categories. I hope one day it’ll be recognized
22. I’m afraid of most insects and height (I once was to a high ropes course and cried when I was back down on the ground, that was just too much for me).
23. I hate horror movies. Make me watch one and I’ll slap you.
24. I “web-stalk” people from blogland that I would love to meet one day. (Hi Amber & Terry *wave*) Yeah I’m a nerd.
25. My best friend once called me “Miss Thighs” when I was like 18. I’m still holding onto that ;D
Whew, what a bunch of stuff you never wanted to know. Anyways, now onto today’s picture. If you’re not from Germany and don’t speak German you’ll probably not know him. He’s a comedian and media critic, he’s hilarious and my friends and I went to see his show Wednesday last week. Without further ado, the incredibleeeeee Oliver Kalkofe:
He was soo nice and signed everything and took pictures with everyone. He’s just the coolest guy. I gave him a card I made (with the crazy dog from Inkadinkado since I knew he likes dogs).
And no, it’s not necessary to tell me that I look somewhat tired around the eyes and my face is shiny. I don’t know how to use Photoshop, so sue me.
Anyway, we had lots of fun and if you don’t know him or his TV show “Kalkofes Mattscheibe”, make sure to watch some episodes on Youtube, you’ll laugh your ass off. Well, if you know any German, that is. In case you’re wondering about the snippets (mostly at the beginning): yep, that’s stuff that is really airing on German television, it’s literally calling for satire, isn’t it.
I’m tired from a long working day and hanging pictures, my paintings and bookshelves on the walls. Next time I’ll show you some more cards. Have a great weekend!