… but today there are two posts!
Just because I promised to show you the baby album I made for my cousin and there’s a set of two cards to participate in another challenge. I tend to be a promise-keeper, see?!
First up the challenge: A Passion For Papertrey – Inspired by autumn. The Papertrey item is some of their Vintage Cream Topnotch Twill Ribbon. So pretty that I’ve just ordered another roll!
My cards were not only inspired by autumn, but also shamelessly CASEd from this card by Maren Benedict (third picture). When I saw this I was reminded of my poor unused “Haunted” Rubons sitting in my drawer. So I just had to play along!
Soooo, now you’re going to lay eyes on aforementioned album. It’s relatively small (6×6″) and I made it with a template from Amy Celona.
Click on the small pictures to zoom.
There’s too much product involved to list it all, but if you have a question, I’ll be happy to answer it!
Some details about the album:
- In the first small photo you can see two wax sheets with handmade embellishments. I made them so that my cousin can also embellish her photos after she’s put them into the album.
- The large areas covered with patterned paper are for photos and I included quite some journaling lines for notes and thoughts.
- The words on page 3 say “It’s a girl”.
- On the center page I’ve included a see-through pocket for something like a lock of hair or the hospital bracelet of the baby. Above it is a line for the calculated date of birth .
- In the label on the right flap of the center page it says “My name is” and below there’s space for details about the actual date of birth, time of birth, length, weight, hair and eyes.
- And on page six there’s another sheer pocket.
Whew what a lengthy post. Tell me how you like it, I’d really appreciate it!!
BTW the babys name is Mathilda and she’s super cute and super tiny
It’s late, ta ta for now!
P.S. The title’s from the lyrics of “La Lettre” by singer extraordinaire Renan Luce.